Five Ways to Detox
The holiday season lies ahead – and so does overeating.
Right now is a great time to do a detox. Your body doesn’t have to deal with extreme weather conditions of heat or cold, making it easier for it to focus its energy on detoxification.
Here are five easy ways you can help your body detox naturally:
- Start each day with lemon water to support liver detoxification. Since your liver filters all of your blood, it contributes to ensuring that all of your body systems are functioning optimally. Lemon water also has an alkalizing effect on the body and it helps balance the pH of your blood to a less acidic state.
- Eat liver loving foods such as beets, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kohlrabi, Jerusalem artichoke, kale, and onion, to name a few. These vegetables help your liver to increase its production of natural detoxification enzymes.
- Take a milk thistle supplement. It is known to be a “liver cleansing” herb. The liquid form is best.
- Get your sweat on! When your body perspires, you allow for the elimination of toxins through your skin so be sure to exercise regularly.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, processed foods, and refined sugars. All of these are taxing on your body and contribute to increased toxins in your body. Give your body a break by eliminating these foods (or at the very least decreasing the amount that you regularly consume).
- Let us know how you feel after your mini-detox. If you are interested in a deeper detox protocol or a liver cleanse, why not book a 15-minute appointment to see how a deep detox can benefit your health.
— Monika Eva Siecinski is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Certified Personal Trainer who has been passionate about holistic wellness for over a decade. She is dedicated to helping individuals reach optimal levels of wellness, all while empowering them to live their best lives.